Applying for any property managed by Bishop Real Estate is easy. You can stop by our office located at 370 W. Line St. and pick up an application (Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm) or you can print an application from our website (www.BishopRealEstate.com) and return it to our office. You can also go online to BishopRealEstate.com and apply online by clicking on the “Rentals” drop down menu and then clicking on “Homes for Rent.” From there you can find the desired property and click “Apply Now.” The rental qualifications, listed below, will outline the requirements needed to be considered as a possible tenant:
- Each applicant must submit an application for the property they are interested in, and in addition pay a $20.00 non-refundable fee to have their credit processed before they are approved. Payment of the $20.00 needed to process your application can be paid in our office with personal check, cashier’s check or money order, payable to Bishop Real Estate LeeAnn Rasmuson & Assoc., Inc. If you apply online, you may pay this application fee with a credit or debit card. This fee is collected for a credit report, eviction search, and a criminal record search. Once an application is received in our office please allow 24-72 hours for processing. Since approval is based on verification of information, approval may be delayed if unable to verify all information, so please be sure application is fully completed for timely approval. We can continue to offer the rental until final approval, and a signed lease is completed and deposit is paid.
- You will also be asked to provide a copy of your driver’s license or I.D. card for identification purposes, as well as a current pay stub for income verification.
- Everyone living on the property, 18 years and older, must be represented on the lease. This means that all adults living on the property must fill out an application and submit the $20.00 fee necessary to have their credit check completed. As a friendly reminder, the application fee is non-refundable.
- No prior evictions can be present on your credit
- No Bankruptcies less than two years old can be present on your credit.
- Proof of Income: The combined gross income of the household must be 2-3 times market rent. Proof of income can include paystubs and tax returns.
- Rental History: Applicant must provide previous rental history for the prior three years. This requires current contact information from your previous landlord(s) who can verify your previous tenancy.
- Condition of THE APARTMENT OR HOUSE YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR WILL REMAIN IN ITS CURRENT CONDITION UNLESS AGREEMENTS ARE MADE AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
- Pets are not allowed at any property, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.